Airflow Snorkels are one of the leading snorkel brands on the Australian market with snorkels available to suit most makes and models.
Airflow's complete range have been independently tested to ensure maximum airflow for your vehicle enabling increased performance and better fuel economy as well as the ability to cross rivers with ease.
Airflow's sophisticated curved design offers a professional looking snorkel alternative to the standard square shapes others have to offer.
- FOTON TUNLAND (Automatic Transmission) 2.8l Diesel 2017 - Onwards
Mounts On Right Hand Side
Airflow Snorkel Features
- Designer styled with no visible bolts or brackets.
- 3.5 inch cold air induction allows 3.8 times more airflow when compared to competitors 3 inch ram which only allows 1.8 times more air flow than standard.
- Thermo plastic rubber TPR flexible hose rated to 135 degrees celcius.
- Minimal join points from snorkel to air-cleaner for minimum resistance.
- Utilising existing air-cleaners and under bonnet access points where possible.
- New access points to air-cleaners are used where existing connection do not allow sufficient air-flow.
- Stainless steel clamps and ‘A’ pillar brackets.
- Polyethylene rotor moulding for every Airflow Snorkel.
- Virgin polyethylene powder 9800 to tests ASTM D1238/D1505/D790/D638/D2440/D1525.
- One piece polyethylene moulded air ram including grill.
- One piece aero foil grill on the cold air induction air ram for greater lamina air flow.
- CAD ( Computer Aided Design ) templates detailing layout, check measurements, fitting instructions and kit lists.
*Free Shipping Exclusions may apply to remote & regional areas. Please contact us before purchasing if you are in WA, NT or Northern QLD
A Snorkel is fitted to a 4WD to protect the engine from the elements of dust, sand and Water.
Each Airflow model is individually styled to the contours of each vehicle and is fitted with no visible bolts or brackets. An “Airflow” Snorkel allows the engine to breathe easier by drawing clean, fresh air from the windscreen level. The design ensures that the snorkel fits snugly against the guard complimenting the vehicle and adding to the style and image.
The material for the snorkel is from the highest grade Virgin Polyethylene Plastic and is fully formulated for long term UV resistance. The most extreme conditions encountered in many parts of the world have tested “Airflow” snorkels to the limit and the durability, toughness and design aspects of the snorkel have proved to be equal to the most difficult challenge
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT 4X4 SNORKEL
The first thing to research when choosing a snorkel is the construction materials. Most commonly available 4×4 snorkels are made from plastic, particularly from Polyethylene.
Polyethylene is a robust and durable material, popular within the automotive industry due to its long lifespan and ability to resist UV damage.
UV resistance is especially important for the Australian climate, so selecting a 4X4 snorkel that is made from tried and tested materials is essential. Most snorkels come in black, often due to the addition of carbon blended with the LLDPE plastic, which also helps further reduce UV resistance. Furthermore it’s essential that lightweight, UV-resistant and rust-resistant materials be used in the construction of the rest of the snorkel and the way in which it is attached to your vehicle.
The walls of a 4×4 snorkel should generally be 4-5mm thick, which is the optimum thickness to provide strength yet keep additional weight to a minimum
Apart from the materials used, the design itself is one of the fundamental deciding factors in selecting a 4×4 snorkel. Of course the snorkel needs to match your car; there’s nothing worse than an ill-shaped snorkel which does not line up with your bonnet and a-pillar. But snorkel itself should be the result of extensive research, development, design, and testing, to ensure it creates the least amount of resistance for your engine’s air intake. The interior of the snorkel in particular should be smooth and without any obstructions or bottlenecks where air will become trapped.
Airflow snorkels have been designed to provide a reliable solution to water-crossings, as well as reduce dust and sand entering the air intake, while also efficiently delivering air to the engine, and reducing excess fuel consumption.
Having been manufacturing snorkels for over 25 years, using only quality materials, and incorporating computer aided design into the process, Airflow Snorkels are at the top of their game. You’ll be hard pressed to find a 4×4 snorkel that produces better results.
Fuel efficiency, economy and improved performance from your vehicle is what Airflow Snorkels are all about – as well as being able to go through that river crossing without stalling.
Extensive dyno testing on the 200 series Landcruiser involving simulated driving speeds up to 145 km/h showed increased torque and power up to speeds of 95 km/h. An additional test to monitor the fuel economy on a long trip with a vehicle carrying 6 passengers and towing a campervan indicated an improvement of approximately 8% in fuel consumption.