Nissan Patrol GU 4.2L TD42 Turbo Diesel 3 inch Exhaust With Centre Pipe Only & Tail
Nissan Patrol GU 4.2L TD42 Turbo Diesel Wagon
Complete “turbo back” Manta exhaust system – available in 3″ fully mandrel bent aluminised or stainless steel tubing.
The most common upgrade for any 4.2L Patrol owner, is the fitment of a 3″ Manta exhaust system. The 4.2L turbo diesel 6 cylinder motor in the GU Patrol, an improvement on the naturally aspirated type made famous in the previous GQ model, was available from early 2000 until 2006, when it was phased out due to emissions laws. It was upgraded in 2002, when an intercooler was fitted as standard.
Despite the addition of the turbo charger, the standard power and torque of 114kw and 360nm was not ground-breaking in any sense, so many 4.2L Patrol owners have puzzled over how to get more power from their motor.
The easiest and most effective way is to upgrade the exhaust system to a 3″ version, which offers vastly increased flow when compared to the standard version. This has a number of benefits, including increased power and torque, less turbo lag, and far more responsiveness low-down in the rev range. Fuel economy generally improves as well, as the engine is able to operate cooler, and more efficiently.
A number of configurations are available to give you the noise level you desire – whether you want it quiet or wild, we can do it! The exhaust is a stand-alone modification that can be fitted to a completely stock vehicle.
Give your 4.2L Patrol the new lease of life it deserves by fitting a Manta exhaust!
Australia’s largest range of Performance Exhausts
The team at Manta combines more than 90 years of experience in the performance exhaust industry, engineering and developing Australia’s leading performance exhaust systems. We manufacture and wholesale a range of exhausts that boast a distinctive sound and perfect fitment. We strive to be industry leaders in bringing new systems to market.
Our performance exhaust range is the biggest in Australia, covering many makes and models of 4WDs, from Toyota Landcruisers through to the Volkswagen Amarok. Based in Perth and Melbourne, our systems are developed and produced in Australia. From here, we make our performance exhausts available in Sydney, Brisbane and other regions in Australia.
For improved performance or enhanced sound, Manta Performance Exhaust Systems are the ideal choice for automotive enthusiasts seeking the very best exhaust technology.
- System Type: Full System
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Pipe Sizes: 3 inch Single
- Noise Level: Loud
- Configuration: Full System
Please Note: Though we like to keep the popular movers in stock, we may need to order in kits as required. You can always contact us before purchase to check availability.
The 4WD Shed can supply & fit your exhaust system in our Bayswater, Vic workshop. Please contact the team for a detailed quote on 03 9720 8783.
Shipping Note: Flat Rate Shipping covers most metro areas in Australia. However, extra freight charges may apply if residential or in a remote or regional area. Commercial business address is preferred. We will contact you to advise if this applies to your order.
Why choose a Manta Performance Exhaust System?
1. Extensive Range of Exhausts, Tuning & Accessories to fit Australian spec Vehicles
- Manta has built up an incredible catalogue of exhaust systems to fit popular vehicle makes, models and series
- Manta provide a vast array of exhaust system options, providing Aluminised Steel, Stainless Steel, multiple piping sizes, multiple sound options, different mufflers, hot dogs, catalytic converters, extractors and exhaust tips
2. High Quality Australian Made Exhausts that Actually Fit
- Our factory uses world class machinery, lean manufacturing methods and employs a Total Quality Management System to ensure consistency of product manufacturing
- MPI and Manta invest over 100 hours in Research, Development and Dyno testing for each popular performance or 4WD vehicle exhaust system
- Our exhaust systems are developed to sound tough, maximise flow and improve vehicle performance and economy
- Through extensive development testing, we perfect our exhaust fitment to give hassle free installations
MPI Automotive and Manta Exhausts have a 45 year history of exhaust system manufacturing and distribution.
|Manta Performance Exhaust Systems