Blackhawk ULTIMATE Adjustable Upper Control Arms Release!
Introducing the Revolutionary Blackhawk4x4 Adjustable Upper Control Arms.
Blackhawk4x4 has a long history of pioneering wheel alignment correction for lifted 4x4s. We've stood the test of time and continue to lead the way, with our relentless focus on design and manufacturing of industry-leading, fixed position Upper Control Arms (UCA’s).
Our latest offering results from years of tireless effort by our expert team of mechanical engineers, who have worked closely with field experts such as metallurgists, VASS Engineers, and VIC Roads signatories. Utilising state-of-the-art Computer-Aided Engineering (CAD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and validating our designs through rigorous physical testing in Melbourne-based NATA testing facilities, we’ve forged a product that combines the best of technology and materials for the ULTIMATE solution.
Our range of Adjustable UCA’s pack an array of superior features that make them an invaluable addition to any 4x4. They are designed with:
- A main frame forged from 6083 aluminium for durability.
- Forged 4140 bush apertures that ensure a solid and firm fit.
- Billet machined 4140 on-vehicle adjusters that allow on-the-go customisation.
- Our unique, patent-pending, dual locking proprietary nut system for added security.
- Rubber bushings of OE spec that offer excellent vibration isolation.
- The robust and serviceable ROADSAFE high articulation, greaseable ball joint that provides a whopping 80 degrees of articulation.
- NATA certified ADR compliance for assurance of safety and reliability.
- FEA tested for ADR compliance, further reaffirming our commitment to quality and safety.
The Blackhawk4x4 ULTIMATE UCA’s provide unmatched adjustability on-car, giving OE specifications and even better for lifts from 30mm to 75mm - guaranteed, with even higher capabilities in many applications. The ball joint in the ULTIMATE UCA’s, a new design that offers 80 degrees of articulation, equals the strength of an OEM ball joint and is manufactured from high-strength 4140 chromium molybdenum (chromoly) steel.
THE ULTIMATE BALL JOINT
A proprietary ball joint providing a high degree of articulation not seen before, enabling more suspension travel.
- Provides the ability to disassemble, service or rebuild the ball joint at any time with basic hand tools.
- Unsurpassed industry leader in the design & manufacture of steering & suspension components.
- Innovative ‘on vehicle’ adjustment patented design.
- Double mechanical 4140 chromoly locking nuts ensure secure and hassle free on car adjustment.
- Additional equipment provided for ease of install and adjustment.
- On vehicle adjustment with a built-in caster increase of 1 degree.
- Allows for precise wheel alignments and wheel position.
- Offers a large amount of camber & caster correction adjustment
NCOP ADR COMPLIANT & STREET LEGAL
Purchase and install Ultimate adjustable Upper Control Arms with confidence. Blackhawk 4x4 publicly distribute street legal accredited documentation.
UNSURPASSED TESTING REGIMES
- Independent Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of UCA to NCOP VSB14.
- Physical tests of adjustment mechanism to simulate fatigue, overturn and skid loading to validate FEA.
- Physical torsion testing of assembled components.
- FEA engineering endorsement.
- Stringent ongoing quality assurance program locally.
SUPERIOR QUALITY AND STRENGTH
- Forged aluminium 6082 mainframe – Delivers superior, light weight strength, exceeding OEM specification.
- OE style, maintenance free high quality rubber inner bushings.
- Durable coatings designed to withstand the harshest conditions.
- Nitride hardening process of the threaded adjustment mechanism, providing thread longevity & corrosion control E-coat of Alloy arm and bush aperture
We also provide detailed fitting instructions online, allowing users to make appropriate adjustments based on their vehicle lift and desired alignment outcome. See fitting instructions below.
- BHU3841P - Toyota Prado 120 150 Series & FJ Cruiser
- BHU3841T - Toyota 200 Series Landcruiser
- BHU3881H - Toyota Hilux 2005+ (Excludes 2022+ Rogue)
The Blackhawk4x4 ULTIMATE UCA’s are indeed a product by 4wders for 4wders who accept nothing less than the best. It's time to revolutionise your 4x4 experience. Let our Adjustable UCA's redefine the standards of control and performance for your vehicle.
In stock we currently have...
- BHU3881H – Toyota Hilux 2005+ (excl 2022+ Rouge)
- BHU3841T – 200 Series Toyota Landcruiser
- BHU3841P – Toyota Prado 120 150 Series & FJ Cruiser
The following designs are all identified and underway at various stages of pre-production.
Due for 2023...
- BHU4981N – Nissan Navara D40 D23 NP300
- BHU3957R – Ford Ranger PX
- BHU5251P – Nissan Patrol Y62
- BHU4727D – Isuzu RG DMAX Mazda BT50 2020+
Early 2024 we will also release…
- BHU3091A – Ford Ranger PY Next Gen & Volkswagen Amarok
- BHU3092S – Ford Ranger PY Next Gen (STEEL)
- BHU4861T – 300 Series Toyota Landcruiser
Fitting instructions can be found on product pages where available.
The 4WD Shed is an Authorised Stockist of Blackhawk4x4. Fitting is available at additional cost in our Bayswater Vic workshop.
- Locking Assembly Subject to Australian Design Registration AU202213497
- Patent Pending AUS USA 2022901647
RECOMMENDED FOR 4WD SPECIALISTS MECHANICS TO FIT