RacksBrax HD Hitch Quick Release Awning Bracket - Standard Kit
Go from Commuter to Camper in less than 10 seconds with this set of quick release hitches for your roof rack accessories; lock-on or take off your pull-out awning, ensuite tent or conduit tube fast … ready for your next adventure!
The RacksBrax HD Hitch Standard includes a set of glass reinforced nylon hitches with stainless steel fasteners to lock-on and take off roof rack accessories including pull-out awnings, ensuite tents and conduit tubes.
This pack contains:
- 2 x Bodies: these bolt directly onto a roof rack or roof rack mounted pull-out awning bracket
- 2 x Holders: these bolt directly onto the pull-out awning or conduit tube clamps
- 2 x Pins (with lanyard): this ties each Body and Holder together on the roof rack; all of which are locked together with an in-built barrel lock
The RacksBrax HD Hitch Standard Pack also includes 2 Prop Cleats which allow a pull-out awning to be pitched freestanding once it is erected off the side of a vehicle. See instructions for more detail.
The RacksBrax HD Hitch Standard Pack come with stainless steel fasteners to suit both M6 and M8 sized drill holes in either the accessory bracket or the roof rack; both bolt sizes are also provided to allow for awning spine tracks which suit M6 or M8 bolts.
Fast on, fast off!
The RacksBrax HD Wall Mount (sold separately) also lets you remove your roof rack accessory so that it can be fixed to a garage wall when not in use.
The 4WD Shed is an Authorised Dealer of RacksBrax products!
*Accessory brackets suited to roof racks are not included.
Check out the FAQs for more info.
Make your awning stand up on its own with our HD Hitch range.
One of the things that blows people's minds is how we can make any pull-out awning (Foxwing Hitch range coming soon... watch this space) stand on its own without your vehicle in the way so it frees it up to go shopping, 4WDing somewhere else, etc. etc.
Using our HD Hitch range and Prop Cleats that come in the box, easily make your awning freestanding in no time at all!
What you'll need
- Any of our RacksBrax HD Hitches fixed to your vehicle and awning of choice
- Prop Cleats fixed to your awning (included in the box)
- 8 x guys ropes (we recommend 8; 2 for each corner) (not included)
- 8 x pegs (appropriate for the composition of the surface you want your awning to be standing on) (not included)
- A Mallet (not included: it couldn't fit in the box)
Just a few simple steps ...
- 1. Set up your pull-out awning as normal.
- 2. Place a pair of tent poles, featuring a c-clip, close to your vehicle. Attach these poles to the horizontal bars on your awning.
- 3. Attach a guy rope to the Prop Cleats at the front and rear sides of the vehicle and tighten pegs.
- 4. Unhitch awning from vehicle and rest weight on C-clip tent poles.
- 5. Move your vehicle.
- 6. Place another set of guy ropes around Prop Cleats and peg where your vehicle was.
- 7. Adjust pegs and pole placement if required.
RacksBrax - How to install your HD Hitch to your vehicle
RacksBrax Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of the Product. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if the Products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure (the 'Warranty').
You may make a claim under this clause (the ' Warranty Claim') for material defects and workmanship in the Products within:
- 5 yrs. from date of purchase for injection molded plastic components (the ' Warranty Period').
- 1 yr from date of purchase for other components (the ' Warranty Period').
In order to make a Warranty Claim during the Warranty Period, you must be the original purchaser and provide proof of purchase from RacksBrax or an accredited RacksBrax Dealer showing the date of purchase of the Products, provide a description of the Products and the price paid for the Products by sending written notice to Engineered Touring Solutions Pty Ltd (RacksBrax) at PO Box 7081, East Brisbane, Queensland, 4169, Australia, or by email to email@example.com.
Where the Warranty Claim is accepted then RacksBrax will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace any defective Products or part thereof with a new or remanufactured equivalent during the Warranty Period at no charge to you for parts or labour. You acknowledge and agree that you will be solely liable for any postage or shipping costs incurred in facilitating the Warranty Claim.
The Warranty shall be the sole and exclusive warranty granted by RacksBrax and shall be the sole and exclusive remedy available to you in addition to other rights and under a law in relation to the Products to which this warranty relates.
All implied warranties including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for use are limited to the Warranty Period.
The Warranty does not apply to:
- any appearance of the supplied Product/s
- defects loss or damage where the Product/s has been damaged or defaced, which has been subjected to misuse, abnormal service or handling, or which has been altered or modified in design or construction
- defects loss or damage caused by non-compliance with RacksBrax fitting instructions, including the recommended regular inspections of fastenings
- defects loss or damage caused by overloading the Product or exceeding the capacity of the vehicle and or roof rack manufacturers recommendations
- defects loss or damage caused by the improper or incomplete securing of any accessory load to the product i.e. the securing pin AND the supplied lock (where applicable) must both be inserted AND locked (respectively), prior to transporting an accessory
- defects loss or damage to pitched awnings resulting from wind conditions
- defects loss or damage by using non-RacksBrax replacement components
Please contact us at The 4WD Shed for any Warranty issues. Please do'n't send the item back without contacting us for a return id or process. We may ask you to send direct back to the supplier if required.