The REDARC 52mm G52-BET gauge measures boost pressure and exhaust gas temperature. It also features an optional temperature display.
The REDARC 52mm EGT & boost pressure gauge is a must for your diesel turbo charged vehicle.
The G52-BET is used to monitor the exhaust gas temperature (EGT) of turbo equipped vehicles in conjunction with a pyrometer probe. EGT is an indication of how hot the combustion process is in a vehicles cylinders. Excessive EGT can cause engine or turbocharger damage. Many conditions can result in excessive EGT (i.e. too much fuel or not enough air) and are made worse when a vehicle is pulling a heavy load, climbing or running at continuous high speeds.
The boost pressure function monitors manifold air pressure and is used to ensure excessive pressure is not generated. By monitoring boost, you are able to keep the vehicle's engine components in the proper power range to achieve the most performance from your vehicle.
The gauge is supplied with a “K” type EGT sensor and electronic boost MAP sensor interface. The boost has a peak hold function with a display range from 0- 35 PSI and programmable alert level between 10 and 30 PSI. The EGT function also has a peak hold function with a range from 275 to 800 °C and is programmable between 500 and 800 °C. The EGT probe has a 1/8” NPT compression fitting and is supplied with a weld in mounting bung.
The G52-BET gauge also supports one of four optional temperature sensors. You will need to purchase one of the following REDARC temperature sensors to equip the gauge with this function:
· GS-UT-80: An NTC temperature sensor in a plastic housing for measuring cabin, fridge or outside temperature. Range is -20°C ~ + 80 °C. This sensor is supplied with a 6 metre extension cable.
· GS-UT-120: An NTC temperature sensor in a metal copper housing with 6mm diameter mounting hole. Range is -20~+120 °C. This sensor is supplied with a 6 metre extension cable.
· GS-OWT1-4: Water or Oil temperature sender. 1/4 NPT threaded. Designed to measure from -20~ +170°C. Supplied with 3 metre extension cable.
· GS-OWT1-8: Water or Oil temperature sender. 1/8 NPT threaded. Designed to measure from -20~ +170°C. Supplied with 3 metre extension cable.
The G52-BET gauge diameter requires a 52mm hole for mounting. REDARC offer a range of mounting solutions including a 2” black plastic mounting cup (GH-CUP) and one (GH-MP1), two (GH-MP2) and three (GH-MP3) hole gauge mounting panels.
2.5” (GMC-2.5) and 3.25” (GMC-3.25) muffler clamps are also available from REDARC to hold the EGT probe.
The REDARC 24 to 12 volt adaptor (GA-2412V) can be used to connect this gauge to a vehicle with a 24 volt ignition and lighting supply.
- Satin Chrome Bezel
- 13 Selectable Backlight Colours
- EGT and boost peak hold functions
- Multiple programmable alert levels with amber or red backlight and audible beep
- Display illuminates when park lights are turned on so you can check battery voltages and discharge or charge current without turning on the ignition.
- If fitting more than one REDARC gauge, a communications link can be connected between the gauges to change the backlight colour of all at once.
REDARC recommends the purchase of an Enhanced Lighting Controller (GA-ELC) with this gauge. The GA-ELC is designed to enhance the lighting of your REDARC gauges as only one required for a set. It is to be used when you do not have a dimming circuit to connect your gauge to or the dimming circuit in your vehicle does not dim the REDARC gauge to your liking.
The GA-ELC also allows you to program night time brightness and colour of your REDARC gauges, including dimming if connected to a dash dimmer. Once programmed your gauges will change colour when turning on your park lights and back to a day light colour when you turn them off. The GA-ELC is also 24 volt capable.
- 52mm gauge with wiring harnesses for power/programming and connection to sensor interface
- MAP Sensor interface box
- Diesel EGT pyrometer probe with 1/8” NPT compression fitting and 96” lead wire.
- 1.8m Hose with T-Piece to tap into vehicle’s manifold boost/vac hose
- K-Type thermo coupler
- Weld in mounting bung
- Mounting bracket with fasteners and P-Clip
Take it as red!
The 4WD Shed is an Authorized Online Reseller for Redarc.
We also fit Redarc products in our mechanical workshop in Bayswater, Vic. Additional Costs May Apply
|Sensor(s) (Included)||Boost EGT Interface|
|Sensor (Optional)||GS-UT-80 / GS-UT-120 / GS-OWT1-4 / GS-OWT1-8|
|Standby Current Draw||30mA|
|Input (Operating) Voltage||6 - 16V|
What REDARC gauge do you need?
REDARC GAUGE SELECTOR
Volts Amps Gauges
Ideal for a battery system mounted in 4WDs, campers, caravans, motorhomes and similar vehicles, the LCD/LED display allows you to monitor the charging performance of either your main and/ or auxiliary battery. Voltage gauges can also be equipped with an optional 100 amp rated current display (sold separately) that monitors the amount of current to or from your main or auxiliary battery
G52-TTT Dual Temp (Optional Temp Display *See below)
Exhaust & Boost Gauges
G52-EB EGT & Boost Pressure
G52-BET EGT & Boost Pressure (Optional Temp Display *See below)
G52-EU EGT & Boost/ Vacuum
Water/Oil Pressure & Temp Gauges
G52-PT Single Oil Pressure (Optional Temp Display *See below)
G52-PWT Oil Pressure & Water Temp
(Optional Temp Display *See below)
G52-POT Oil Pressure & Oil Temp (Optional Temp Display *See below)
*Optional Temp Display Sender units
GS-UT-80 - temp sensor for measuring cabin, fridge or outside temperature. Its temperature range is -20~+80°C
GS-UT-120 - temp sensor in a metal copper housing with 6mm diameter mounting hole temp range is -20~+120°C cabin, fridge, outside temp, engine trans surface temps
GS-OWT1-4 - Water or Oil temperature sender with a 1/4 NTP thread that is designed to measure from -20~ +170°C.
GS-OWT1-8 - Water or Oil temperature sender with a 1/8 NTP thread that is designed to measure from -20~ +170°C.