Superior Outback Explorer Weld In Coil Conversion Australia Wide Legal 2/3/4 Inch Lift, 2.0 or 2.5 Monotube Shocks 32-33 Inch Tyres*, 3.56t GVM Toyota Hilux Revo 2015-Onwards
The cost of Fitting, Welding & Engineering Approval at The 4WD Shed SSM Production Facility P17773 Starts from $6850.00 Inc GST.
**THIS KIT IS INTENDED FOR BRAND NEW PRE-REGISTERED VEHICLES, NOT AVAILABLE ON REGISTERED VEHICLES
Build Australia’s Toughest Street Legal Leaf Sprung Toyota Hilux Dual Cab with a Superior Engineering Outback Explorer GVM Upgrade Kit.
The front of your Outback Explorer Hilux is held up by our Australian Made Heavy Duty Coil Springs coated in our Signature Superior Silver Powder coat. CV Angle Re-Alignment comes courtesy of the Superior 25mm Diff Drop Kit.
Upper Control Arms
All Outback Explorer Kits include a pair of our Australian Made Superior Engineering Billet Upper Control arms, which are designed to assist with correcting wheel alignment through fine-tuning of the camber and castor angles when lifting your IFS vehicle. Manufactured from Solid Billet Aircraft Grade 6000 Series Alloy, these UCA’s are manufactured to give additional clearance to the Front Coil Spring during articulation and increased clearance for the Under Guard. Durable Poly Bushes are utilised at the chassis end, alongside the highest quality, high-angle greaseable ball joints at the wheel end, to allow for the maximum range of movement without binding.
All Outback Explorer Kits come standard with Superior Engineering 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shock Absorbers Front & Rear, with kit options that include our Superior Engineering 2.5 Remote Reservoir Shocks.
Superior Engineering Remote Reservoir Shock Absorbers feature an external compression adjuster knob as standard across the range, with an additional rebound adjuster feature included exclusively on the 2.5 Inch Bore Shocks. Included are our Hilux-specific Shock Reservoir Mounts front & rear designed to keep your Reservoirs securely fixed out of harm’s way.
Wheels, Tyres & Speedo Correction
Superior Engineering 2” Lift Outback Explorer Kits can be legally certified Pre-Registration with tyre sizes up to and including 265/70R17 (31.7 Inches) with Wheel Offsets varying from OE through to POS10. A Superior CANBUS Specific Speedo Correction Module is calibrated to your nominated tyre size and installed to ensure accurate speedometer readings.
Note: Wheels & Tyres packages available at additional cost & not included in the Outback Kit.
Why ride on Leaf Springs when you can ride on Coils? Superior Engineering’s Weld-In Coil Conversion gives you the ride & handling you deserve from your Outback Explorer with the Load Carrying Capacity you expect from your GVM Upgrade. Superior Coil Kits offer the required chassis bracing to support your GVM Increase and a lifetime warranty against bending on our manufactured 5-Link Upper & Lower Arms and Panhard Rod. Airbag Man Coil Helper Airbag kits are available to suit this Conversion.
All Outback Explorer Coil Conversions include a Legendex Exhaust System built specifically to suit the Superior Coil Conversion. The system is a 3 Inch DPF back, manufactured from 409 Stainless Steel and coated in Legendex's signature high temp paint.
Superior Outback Explorer Kits include Braided Steel Chassis to Diff Brake Lines in the rear, giving you the confidence that your Hilux has the Braking Performance needed when loaded to your new Gross Vehicle Mass or when articulating off-road.
The Little Things
On top of everything you have seen above, Outback Explorer Kits include a wide range of smaller functional components used to assist in correcting your Suspension & Steering Geometry including Front Sway Bar Relocation Plates. Several other components are included as part of the Approval Process including LED Category-6 Indicators for your Front Guards.
Superior Engineering has made sure everyone you drive past or park next to knows just what you’re driving when they look up at you, thanks to our Superior Outback Explorer Chrome Guard Decals.
Keep it Legal
Superior Engineering Outback Kits are legal Australia Wide with Federal Approved when fitted before the vehicle's first registration. These kits are exclusively available for fitment through The 4WD Shed as a Federally Approved Production Facilities. Post Registration options are NOT available in Victoria at this stage.
- Superior HD Coil Springs Front (Pair)
- Superior HD Coil Springs Rear (Pair)
- Superior Adjustable 2.0 Monotube Remote Reservoir Front Struts (Pair)
- Superior Adjustable 2.0 Monotube Remote Reservoir Rear Shocks (Pair)
- Replacement Strut Tops (Pair)
- Superior Billet Alloy Upper Control Arms Front (Pair)
- Superior 25mm Diff Drop (Kit)
- Superior Weld In Coil Conversion Suitable For Toyota Hilux 2015 on
- Braided Brake Lines Rear (Pair)
- LED Autolamps Cat 6 Side Repeater for GVM Upgraded Vehicles (Pair)
- Legendex 409 Stainless Steel 3 Inch Exhaust Suitable For Superior Coil Conversion DPF Toyota Hilux 2015+ (Each)
- Superior CAN Bus Speedo Correction module
- Superior Aluminium Front Sway Bar Mounting Bracket Kit (Kit)
- Superior Outback Explorer Guard Decal Chrome (Pair)
- Superior 2.0 Shock Reservoir Mounts Front (Pair)
- Superior 2.0 Shock Reservoir Mounts Rear (Pair)
- Federal Approval at 2 Inches Lift with 3,560kg GVM and tyres up to 32 Inches (265/70R17) - Pre-Registration Only
- Superior Engineering is an Australian Made & Owned Company
- Lifetime Warranty on Superior Engineering Manufactured Components
- Legal Australia-Wide when Installed & Approved Pre-Registration
- Australia’s most comprehensive Pre-Registration Leaf Sprung GVM Upgrade for Toyota Hilux
- Available in Leaf Sprung or Coil Converted Rear
- 2.0” Bore or 2.5” Bore Remote Reservoir Shock Options Available
- Includes Chassis Bracing for full support of the chassis of your vehicle when loaded
- Increase to 3,560kg Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM)
- Retains OEM 3,500kg Braked Towing Capacity
- Retains OEM 5,850kg Gross Combined Mass (GCM)
- Legally Complied on Tyre Size up to 32 Inch (265/70R17)
*Specifications are correct at the time of publication.
Available to be built on the below Hilux Variants Only:
- Toyota Hilux SR Double-Cab Pick-Up 4x4 (5-Seater)
- Toyota Hilux SR5 Double-Cab Pick-Up 4x4 (5-Seater)
We will need to know the Wheel And Tyre Size for Speedo Calibration
- 265/60R18 Tyre 30+ Offset Rim (30.5)
- 265/65R17 Tyre 30+ Offset Rim (30.6)
- 265/70R17 Tyre 10+ Offset Rim (31.7)
- 275/65R17 Tyre 10+ Offset Rim (31.3)
- 275/65R18 Tyre 10+ Offset Rim (32.1)
- 285/60R18 Tyre 10+ Offset Rim (31.5)
- 285/65R17 Tyre 10+ Offset Rim (31.6)
- 285/70R17 Tyre 10+ Offset Rim (32.8)
- 285/75R16 Tyre 10+ Offset Rim (32.8)
Front Load Spring rates will be set as
- No Bullbar/Bullbar
- Bullbar with Winch
- Light Vehicle Valving
- Heavy Vehicle Valving
* Outback Explorer GVM Kits are not inclusive of a vehicle - Customer is to supply The 4WD Shed with a brand-new unregistered vehicle.
* Outback Explorer GVM Kit Installation prices are based on installation on a brand-new unregistered vehicle only.
* Vehicles may be shown with optional modifications or additional extras/accessories that are not included in Outback Explorer Kits such as Wheels & Tyres.
* Product images may not be an exact reflection of the supplied components due to constant product development & changes.
Please Note: *Cab Chassis Variants are NOT Approved for Outback Explorer Kits This kit is ONLY available for Dual Cab Hilux Variants with a Style Side Tub Fitted. No Cab Chassis Option Available. Extra Cab and Single Cab Variants are also not approved and therefore are not an option.
Outback Kit Pricing is subject to change. Please contact us for a written quote.
The 4WD Shed is an Authorised Stockist for Superior Engineering.
SSM Facility No : P17773
NOTE: Superior IFS Lift Kits will generally lift the front the full amount, but the rear will be brought up to match the front. In most cases, this means the rear will have a 1" lower lift than the front, this gives a more level ride height.